When you’ve blocked someone because you do not want them to see anything from your profile, including your posts, tag you in any uploaded content, message you, add you, or invite you on any groups or events. That’s reasonable.
But, after Facebook’s recent outage and situations, if you want to unblock them or suppose you’ve accidentally blocked someone and want to unblock them again, here’s an updated & quick go-through process on how to unblock someone on Facebook or within your Facebook messenger app.
Please note: Blocking someone (even accidentally) will automatically remove the person from your friends’ list. Unblocking them will not bring them back to the list. For that, you need to send them a friend request if you want them as your friend again.
If you block someone and then unblock them, you need to wait 48 hours until you can friend them again.
Also, if you blocked someone and unblocked again, you can send them your friend request after 48 hours.
Considering the above, let’s jump right in!
How to unblock someone on Facebook
- Open Facebook, Click the down arrow icon on the top right of your computer screen (If you are using your phone, press the three-line icon on the top right corner) and select ‘Settings & Privacy’ & then ‘Settings.’
2. Now, on the left side of your settings page, select the option ‘Blocking.’
3. Now, in the ‘Block users’ section, you can find the list of people you’ve blocked, and right beside their user name, click the ‘Unblock’ option to remove the person from the block list.
4. For a final step, click ‘Confirm’ to officially unblock that friend.
How to unblock someone on Facebook Messenger app
- In your Messenger app, click on your profile picture icon on the top left corner of your screen.
2. Scroll down and click “Account Settings.”
3. In the menu, scroll down and select ‘Account Settings.
4. Select & click ‘Blocking.’
5. If you type a name in the text box, click the “Block” button to block them. Below the text box, you can find a list of previously blocked people. Click the “Unblock” button beside their name to unblock them.
6. You can also type that person’s name in the search box and click ‘Block’ to block them. And you will find a list of previously blocked people in the blocked option. Click the ‘Unblock’ button beside their user name to unblock them.
Congratulations! you’ve successfully unblocked the person.