Dark mode interfaces are getting widely popular among users since they offer many advantages.
Using dark mode can be surprisingly helpful to boost battery life. The study suggests that it reduces the light emitted by pixels & maintains the low color contrast ratio that uses less battery power in OLED screens.
Studies also suggest it’s easier & healthier to read the text for people with light sensitivity & visual impairment against a dark background & reduces the risk of eye strains, dry eyes, and even sleep deprivation.
It is recommended to use dark mode in low light settings so you can use it without someone peeking into your device & exposing your privacy and even without disturbing your partner.
If you want to have a whole new feel to your browser by considering the above reasons, follow us to the dark side to know how you can apply dark mode for chrome on your PC, Mac, Android & IOS devices.
How to Apply Chrome Dark Mode on Windows
- Go to ‘Settings > Personalization’, then choose the ‘Colors’ option from the left menu bar.
- From the Switch marked ‘Chose your color’, scroll down the list & select the ‘Dark’ option.
- Dark mode will come to effect as the windows automatically change the color of its default apps including Chrome browser without a need to restart.
How to Apply Chrome Dark Mode on macOS
- Select the apple icon on the top of your screen. Click on the ‘System Preferences > General’.
- On the ‘Appearance section, you will see the toggle between light mode and dark mode.
- After selecting the ‘Dark’ option from the toggle bar, all the apps with the default option for dark mode will change automatically.
How to Apply Chrome Dark Mode on Android
If you are using android version 10 and above, it comes with a default option to select dark mode including Chrome.
- Go to ‘Settings > Display’
- Under the Display options, you can toggle the dark mode ON or OFF.
Settings may vary depending on different android devices. Not to mention the devices also include the dark mode option directly in the notification bar.
How to Apply Chrome Dark Mode on iPhone or iPad
Keep in mind that there’s no official release from google to bring chrome dark mode on IOS, but the feature may become available with the next major Chrome update patch. That being said, you can still use the inverted color feature to achieve a similar effect.
- In the ‘Settings’ select ‘General > Accessibility > Display Accommodations’.
- Toggle ‘Classic invert’ to reverse the colors of all the content displayed on your screen OR toggle ‘Smart invert’ to keep the images untouched & invert everything else.
Although, the default chrome dark mode option is only available for the browser’s homepage, which means the web pages will still appear glaring white. You can change that by clicking the ‘Setting’ icon on the top right corner of your web page & toggling the ‘Dark theme’ option ON or OFF.
You can also take your browsing experience even further by applying the dark theme to all the websites you visit using the google chrome extension here.
We recommend you to download ‘Go Dark Mode’ to enable dark mode on any website with one click.